Taken from NJ Right to Life email:
CONTACT YOUR STATE SENATOR AND ASSEMBLY MEMBERS!
As you know, pro-abortion forces have become unhinged since the draft opinion of the Supreme Court decision in Dobbs v. Jackson Women's Health Organization was leaked last week.
Yesterday (5/11/2022), Governor Murphy held a Press Conference with pro-abortion legislators and abortion proponents to announce legislation to "bolster" access to abortion. He called for many of the provisions in the original Reproductive Freedom Act that didn't make it into the final bill signed in January. Please read the Press Release we issued in response to Murphy's Press Conference which can be found below.
Although we don't yet have a copy of the proposed legislation, we have included a brief summary of those provisions from his Press Statement. We will provide the bill number once it is available. Governor Murphy said he wants to get this bill fast tracked and possibly moved by next week, so we suggest that you contact your legislators asap.
Please contact your two State Assembly Members and your State Senator and demand that they oppose Murphy's Draconian proposal to make NJ a sanctuary state on abortion. You can search by county to find your legislators H ERE You can also call the Office of Legislative services during normal business hours to find out who your three legislators are, 1-800-792-8630
- Mandating abortion in all health insurance plans with no co-pays, no deductibles, no co-insurance.
- Codify into law the NJ Board of Medical Examiners regulations permitting non-physicians to perform abortions.
- Prohibit public entities from cooperating with interstate investigations into the provision or receipt of abortions.
- Allow a person in NJ who is successfully sued in another state for their involvement in abortion to file suit to recover damages resulting from that initial lawsuit.
- Create a Reproductive Health Access Fund to pay for abortions for anyone who resides in NJ or comes into our state that are uninsured.
- Provide clinical training grants to expand the number of health care providers with abortion training, and funding to help cover the costs of necessary security measures to protect abortion clinics.